A Sustainable Approach to The Woodlands Premier Workplace
Our climate and natural environment promise the beauty of nature all around, all year round—even amongst urban living. With mental and physical health benefits, lifestyle advantages and a positive impact on the environment, we believe that nature should be part of everyday life, as our outdoor spaces, parks and amenities can attest.
Built for Resiliency
- LEED® Silver Certified and Energy Star® Certified
- Energy efficient systems including HVAC automation, fully programmable lighting and energy monitoring
- The high-performance unitized curtain wall system combined with natural daylight controls and thoughtful building orientation mitigates the adverse effects of solar heat gain
- Reverse osmosis domestic water riser available for ice, coffee and water dispensers
A Breath of Fresh Air
- Two air handler units per floor which utilize Merv14 filtration media
- Outside air handler units utilize pleated Merv14 air filtration media along with a highly efficient Enthalpy (energy recovery) wheel and UV light cleaning systems
- Building air handler condensation water is captured and used along with utility water for HVAC systems (water recycled for the cooling towers)
- Direct access to abundant green space, water and nature located on The Woodlands Waterway
Increased Environmental Performance
- BOMA 360® Certified, BOMA 360 Performance Program is a prestigious evaluation of sustainability and governance best practices
- Drought-resistant native landscaping throughout the tower
- Double-paned window glass and state-of-the-art cable net glazing system with large expanses of transparent glass that provide unrestricted views of the surrounding area
- Green cleaning products and practices are used throughout the tower
- 32,000 SF Rooftop terrace mitigating the adverse effects of solar heat gain
- Bike to work storage and shower facilities
Howard Hughes Sustainability
We build extraordinary places, foster resilient communities and create inspiring experiences that are ecologically, socially and economically responsible.
To masterfully plan, develop and nurture our country’s most inspiring small cities and communities that help people discover new ways of experiencing life.
We put a commitment to reducing our portfolio’s environmental footprint at the core of our operations, where sustainability’s full value is embedded in our overall strategy.
Thriving and diverse neighborhoods, employees, and vendors are fostered through authentic initiatives and purposeful policies.
We hold ourselves to the highest standards across our organization, honoring our commitments while challenging our thinking to stay ahead of the curve.